HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
MEDICATION NON-ADHERENCE IS A MAJOR PROBLEM.
- Medication non-adherence is one of the leading causes of death in the US.1
- Non-adherence results in 10% of hospitalizations yearly, costing the healthcare system as much as 3 billion.1
- More and more families have to resort to in-home care, or assisted living communities to ensure their loved ones medicate correctly.
- Over 34 million people are caring for their parents or family members2 – often juggling jobs and young families in addition to their role as caregiver.
- Patients want to live independently longer and their families need peace of mind that medications are taken correctly.
BENEFITS TO PATIENTS & THEIR FAMILIES:
- cue-Rx shares adherence in real-time – every time – with healthcare provider & family/caregivers.
- Prevents prescription under/over use.
- Pills stay in their original bottles to keep patients aware of any warnings (holds 10 standard size bottles).
- Simple enough for anyone to use at home.
BENEFITS FOR HOSPITALS, HOME HEALTHCARE & ASSISTED LIVING:
- Better patient care & improved outcomes: Prevents prescription under/over use and interactions.
- Reduces unnecessary re-admissions.
- Simplifies compliance reporting.
- Dashboard allows for scheduling, remote monitoring, and reporting or an unlimited number of patients with easy to use software.
- Alerts are customizable for the patient, family and clinicians.
- cue-Rx supplies its own cellular connectivity, no added IT needed on the part of the facility.
1. Skeptical Scalpel (2017) Nonadherence to Medications: Who’s to Blame, Physicians Weekly.
2. National Alliance for Caregiving and AARP (2015). Caregiving in the U.S.